A Trip to Vakifli Village (Ermeni Koyu Kilisesi)




Merhaba,
It is a beautiful weekend and sadly I missed the first day of the African Fashion Week Nigeria but thankfully I am back in the country to attend day 2 of the event and I would be sharing with you moment from the live stage tomorrow. At the moment my Instagram feed is buzzing with uploads from the events and I must say that I am impressed with the organizers of the show. The African Fashion Week Nigeria this years is at the National Arts Theatre in Lagos(EKO) the commercial and entertainment hub of my beloved country Nigeria.
The thrills and creative manifestation of African minds that I have seen so far is worth giving thumbs-up to the organizers and I hope for more and even better works.

I don too talk about this event make I shift yan to my trip wey be the koko for today.

My trip to Vakifli was an unplanned one as I decided to go at the last moment and I was not so sure of how many people were to tag along but at the end 5 of us took off from the house to Vakifli village.



The Vakifli village is in Hatay region, Samandag district, it is the palace in Turkey where only Armenians live. Vakifli is a small village one part of which looks at Surya, the other one looks at Cyprus. The specific feature of the village that this place is the only Armenian village which is not in Armenia and where only Armenians live. Samandag district and Vakifli village is the proof of tolerant life for many years along here. You can see here people who are belonging to different opposing groups. Vakifli was the biggest village in the region in 1940s, but now there are only 32 houses and about 140 people live here.

The Vakifli Ermeni Koyu Kilisesi was the main sight of attraction for me but we were not allowed to take picture in the chapel but the historians there were kind enough to allow me pray and take pictures outside the church.
The Vakifli Koyu church is an Armenian sanctuary for her people by her people but open to all who are respecters of the Armenian culture.
It was a great day in a historical sight, with great friends and I didn’t miss out in taking pictures, a habit which I am gradually cultivating.

PICTURE OVERLOAD










 OUTFIT: Black Ray Ban Shades
         White T-Shirt
         Blue Genie (MIN)
         Orange sandals (MIN)
*MIN- MADE IN NIGERIA*

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM FEED

@ofnforchildren