QUEEN WAZOBIA LAMENTS BY SAMUEL KING

In light of the recent events in my beloved country, this piece written almost Four years ago is quite appropriate. Unfortunately, when i wrote this poem there was unrest in Jos,Plateau State,Nigeria,today there is unrest in the Northern part of Nigeria.

Within the bounds of jubilee
Evil still lies with thee in comfort
Wazobia, why?
My blood ripples at you
I longed to see true freedom
And on thy jubilee
I thought at last
Until...

A rumble came from the bowels of the earth
While the celebration for salvation was in motion
Why my people why?
Must this which I long to see
Wait till eternity
As you have made the building of morgues
A national occupation
And foolishness your orator
Wazobia
At the splash of your red water
The sands hiss in rage
And the cloud morns with rain
When God made thee
He did give you virtue to prevail vice
But now even I
Doubt the veracity of an infant
Not to testify of caring parents
Who know not their Child's name
Wazobia

I wish oh I really wish
And hope that one day soon
You will be lobotomized
And on my face will be a lasting seraphic smile
At thy revolution
Until then
When the chiefs are down what will be of the king?
When the head is off how dose the body function?
What is life without trials?
At the gaze of fetters of iron thread woven
Around the hands of the broken...
My blood ripples
I pray in my lobelia
One day ..

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM FEED

@ofnforchildren