ASK WITH KENEA of SHEPHER

Carrie Bradshaw once said "I like my money right where I can see it: hanging in my closet." It is safe to say the moneymaking rave of the moment is FASHION, abeg who no dey buy clothes?
Most notably known amongst her peers for her humility and gentleness, Kenea Auta is making a good name for herself in FASHION through HOUSE OF SHEPHER.

After years of military rigours and gallant exercises in her high school days, she decided to become a Medical Doctor and wed fashion with her career. A task most would regard as the ultimate impossible, yet she thrives and most definitely leaves an impression on her clients.

Someone in Jos,Nigeria once said“show me 5 Air Force girls and I can assure you  3 would have been dress by Kenea.”

ASK had a short chat with Kenea, who talks about Fashion and her brand.

SHEPHER COUTURE strikes us a womenswear brand what is your inspiration for going into womenswear, and how has the journey been so far?

Well,SHEPHER COUTURE is a male and female wear brand  just that the former is still picking up, my inspiration for fashion generally is sort of natural, like I have loved to design and create new looks in my head then it became drawing and now I actualize these thoughts and it's beautiful. To be honest, the journey has been an experience filled wit a lot of mixed feelings but the feeling of joy when I see a clients’ satisfaction overrules them all.



How does being a Nigerian national come to play in how you create your designs?

Being a Nigerian especially in this era when Nigerian and Africans at large have learnt to honor and cherish her culture and beauty, I have found being a Nigerian quite a plus in creativity because the culture is just an array of beauty and creativity. 


How do you come about creating the unique pieces you do?

Wow..... there are number of ways though but most times it just comes, like drops into my head, so you would find that most of my notebook have one or two design hidden somewhere. The other way I do that is by looking at other designs on social media and modifying them to add my style.


What notable clients have you worked for that excited you the most?

Working as a designer for THE LAGOS WARDROBE EXHIBITION (TLWE) 2016 was very much fun

What's your most cherished design/collection that you have worked on?

#Thenewurban collection, I cherish it so much because it was the first collection I showcased, I was so new to the concept but the experience was so awesome.


For you, what's your most exciting part about designing?

The trill of designing is that spilt second where the client is filled to joy and satisfaction at my work and they literally fall in love wit you *hahhahaha*




As a designer what aspects of the Nigerian fashion industry do you reckon needs intervention? 

Well i think that generally, everyone has a unique style and it is this diversity that makes fashion beautiful, so I believe that every designer should be allowed to express their style without the limits of competitions and the likes.




In 25 years, what message does the House Of Shepher brand seek to have successfully ingrained on the mind of the masses?

Well In 25 years, SHEPHER hopes to still be sending the same message she is sending now to a larger community which is simply beauty is creativity and style.


Photography:          Grant Elvis
Styling:           Kenea Auta
Dresses:     HOUSE OF SHEPHER
Designer Contact:     @shepher_couture
+2348054858686

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM FEED

@ofnforchildren