Lemonade with Lemons





Hey guys,
You know that saying "you only know your true friends when the chips are down" Well today's post is somewhat about that, let it speak for itself... 
It is now three months after she graduated from the University with a distinction and this is her story… *STYLE INSPIRATION BELOW*

“I've been trying to make Lemonade with these Lemons that have been thrown my way. Joblessness.
Keeping my mind and hands busy while waiting to finally get a job and resume duty as a Doctor officially.

Although, I haven't let myself be majorly bothered about it except for the times when I realize that I could really do with a steady income, but just the other day, some of my fellow classmates who had a minor delay with results graduated and though I was extremely happy to celebrate with them as their joy was too palpable to not be infectious, I was also aware of the fact that most of them already had jobs waiting for them to just resume and it weighed down on me a bit.

Med School is slowly beginning to feel like a life time ago and I can't say I relate perfectly with some of the Doctor jokes and bants my classmates who have started work share on their PMs on a regular.
Though I'm still honestly unsure of a lot of things like if I really want to start work - lazy bum that I am and what will happen with my blog when I finally do, I know it has to happen anyways regardless and I guess I also sort of  just want to experience this 'being a doctor' thing too.

I've unconsciously been trying to live off my classmates who already got a job get a feel of this doctor life with its extra added responsibilities but it seems like every 'how is work' going question is met with a not so detailed reply so I've stopped trying.
I'm not sure what direction the future holds for me right now.
But I guess
For now though, I'll just keep trying to make more lemonade and trusting that the plans God has for me are to give me a future.

I hope you do the same when Life gives you lemons.
Currently facing any and want to share? I'm definitely all ears. :)
Jeremiah 17:7-8 “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.
They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.  It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green.  It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”

What her friends said to her…

ORE:
The truth is you could hear lots of advice and blah concerning this but at the end of the day, what really matters is whichever words you truly believe in when the lights are out and you're sort of alone, lying on your bed.
I'd say, wait for it. It'd come. It's a lot easier to focus on the fact of not knowing what the future holds (or maybe it's just me) that so many times, we can't see that this moment right here, right now was once a future we couldn't quite predict. For me, life is sometimes pretty scary (but I'd really take the bulls by the horns. It's interesting after all). I don't think there could have been a better scripture than that which you shared. No worries even in the year of drought. Because you are God's and have His blessing on you, remember that you never fail to bear fruit meaning that even in this period, something amazing is still going on with you. Waiting is not so easy, but it holds its own lessons and blessings. Make your lemonades. A time is coming for you to raise the glass up and drink.

ORE KEJI:
Like my aunty used to say to me last year when I was resting my bum on the couch everyday crying myself to sleep cos I hadn't gotten a job "what is yours will come to you". I lived my every day believing that single sentence... I went for every interview with that in mind.... So I'm saying those same words to you my darling Cassie.... WHAT IS YOURS IS COMING TO YOU N IT WONT PASS YOU BY SO JUST HOLD TIGHT

ORE KETA:
Its amazing how we hurt when life don't go the way we envisaged. But when God's plans eventually come around in His time, it makes all the pain and wait worth it a million times over...hang in there hun, soon this will be a phase you look back on and laugh out loud.







 Go visit cassie...

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM FEED

@ofnforchildren