WHO ARE YOU


Hello Friends,
I saw Bukky and Shade at a popcorn stand on campus and I walked up to them joyously to say hi. Now it had been a very long time since I saw this bestie and I was excited to see them. I hugged them both and said:
"wow it has been quite a long time, where have you both been...Shade you are looking all fresh and Bukky you are now a big woman. I see you are making all the cool cash...see that is the smile of wealth and fulfilment...take care girls, see you soon."
Later in the evening I wanted to have a conversation with one who I cherish so much and she shunned me. When she finally talked to me, she said:
"sam it is not fair, I did not expect that you of all people would call Bukky FAT!!!!"
This information made me speechless and angry. I replayed my encounter with Bukky trying to remember FAT. I looked for to apologize and she suggested that I was forgive. Now I feel sad cause what I took to be a comment turned out to be an insult. However, this inspired me to write the following:
You are 
fat,
slim,
beautiful,
smart,
kind,
amazing,
talented,
capable,
independent,
special,
black,
white,
You are worthy of all, you are worth more than you imagine, your worth cannot be estimated. You are not who or what your mother, father, brother, sister, friend, boyfriend, girlfriend says you are. You are who you choose and belief you are. Regardless of the comments on Facebook, the likes on Instagram, the views on YouTube, you are you and don't you forget this. It is the nature of man to tag every other person but themselves. Irrespective, the only tag that matters is self-tag. You are the child of Mr and Mrs, so what? You may not have the conscious choice of family, nationality, name but you have the choice to be who you want to be.
You are
unique,
a sister,
a friend,
a parent,
a role model.
You are the mirror of your imagination and belief. You are never too much, you are more than enough. It is important for us to know that but it is more important you believe that, you are the reality of your own creation.
You are You!!!
I may have insinuated that Bukky was fat because she was curvy, well figured and all that, I may have felt offended for been misunderstood but in truth, I am not sorry for calling my friend big because she looked healthy but I am sorry she felt ashamed of herself...

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM FEED

@ofnforchildren