FACES



Greetings my people, Hmmmm make I yan una something…


So I woke up and the first thing I did was pick up my phone and tweet:   
“It is time to change the African narrative,For starters Nigeria is not a Country, it is a Continent. Sadly, I heard this from a kid in Naija”
Why this was my first action for the day, I still don’t know but it falls well in place with a project I worked with Canon while in Abuja.
At the time of capture my intended theme was PROJECT BLACK AND WHITE but thankfully today I have a better theme for my shots and I call it FACES.
Every family, neighbourhood, community, society has a face or faces that projects its identity. Nigeria has Buhari/ Osinbanjo and Me. Turkey has Erdogan, Russia has Putin, America has Trump and for some people Obama, Real Madrid has Cristiano Ronaldo, Bacerlona-Messi, Arsenal my team has Arsene Wenger, Fashion has Steve Onaja, the Christians have Jesus, Muslims- Mohammed(SAW), Music has Adele, John Legend, Teens have Bieber, the list goes on and on but I am sure you get my point.
Wettin come be this Faces you go dey wonder. Faces is a black and white street capture of the people (MALES) who work hard, toil and sweat to make the economy of Abuja, Nigeria what it is (the standing block of our wealthy society), as opposed to the media hype of a poor working class society that needs international aid. And yeah, they are not the once you see on fancy billboards and magazines but on the screen when it is time for propaganda talk or individual gains. I hope to change that narrative by stating that these faces are the real deal, their style may be crude but they are the real deal and I appreciate them.

I don talk too much PICTURE TIME…








Yes Men carry babies while on suit, classy!!!










It is time to change the narrative, these people many nations aside from those on the round table. From this day forth I want you to look at these pictures and not see a poor nation with suffering people but hardworking survivals who thrive in all conditions to meet the demands of me and you. 

She is beautiful and hardworking doing what boys do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM FEED

@ofnforchildren