EXCLUSIVE WITH VEENS



 
L: Vincent at AFWN


VEENS CLOTHING is a Unisex Nigerian fashion house that transcended from a little boy who loved coloured ties to a nationally accepted clothing line, styling boys and girls, men and women, celebrities and dreamers like me.
I was able to get an exclusive interview with this boy who is now a man. He gave me an audience despite running around the Lagos market in sweat, searching for the right patterned material for his next outfits.





Interview
ASK: Can you please introduce yourself in your local dialect?
V: E ba ti‘e me Vincent Osaromeh Chinenye

ASK: What language is this please?

V: Edo, I am from Okalo in Ishan,Edo state, Nigeria.


ASK: Welcome and thank you for honouring this interview after a busy day. When did VEENS CLOTHING as a brand kick off?

V: Ahhhhmmm I will say officially about four years going to five now.

ASK: We should be expecting cakes anytime soon in celebration?

V: Yeah sure, I am working on something for the Fifth year anniversary.


ASK: What inspired the name Veens, was it your name Vincent?

V: Actually no, it wasn’t my name that inspired VEENS. I used to be very short back in secondary school/high school, as a result, I started eating BEANS believing that I would grow taller. This prompted my friends to start calling me BEANS. As a matter of fact, when I started my clothing line, I branded it “BEANS CLOTHING”… The change to VEENS came about when I was to produce my first complimentary card, the graphic guy thought BEANS was VEENS and printed VEENS, I liked it and viola.

ASK: How did you get into Fashion? Were you self-taught or did you attend a Fashion school?

V: My love for fashion started from Childhood. I used to love shoes, I had a niche for looking good and seeing good looking people. Despite this, I sincerely never thought of becoming a fashion designer and I owe gratitude to my Secondary school teacher: Mrs Temilade who advised me into designing. She spoke to me because she observed that I always styled my uniform and I looked different especially because I liked wearing the wrong but colourful ties to school, even as a labour prefect. From that moment, I knew I had a calling and started training myself and went for some training too before I got admitted into the University to study Elect/elect.
While in the university, I started making clothes for some of my lecturers. One time, a lecturer called me aside and told me to drop out and focus on my craft but I was determined to finish school before going fully.


ASK: Would you say people heavily influenced your decision in becoming a designer worthy of recognition?

V: Yes, to an extent but the truth is, if you don’t have it in you, no matter how you are influenced, you are only influenced to fail.

ASK: What is Fashion to you?

V: To me Fashion is a way of life.

ASK: Describe the type of man and woman who wear VEENS?

V: Classic, stylish and creative men and women. Our slogan is Building Personalities…


ASK: How has your work been received thus far?

V: So far, the acceptance has been great but we still hope for more


ASK: The just concluded African Fashion Week Nigeria was a huge success and you graced the runway with your collections. Which piece was your favourite piece from all?

V: As funny as it may sound, I don’t have any favourite, because the same effort was put into all the pieces on that stage, to achieve the result we got.

ASK: No doubt this year has been a great one for the brand so far. The first quarter saw you debut the “CREATIVE MAN” collection in collaboration with Nigeria celebrity VIKTOR among others, you showcased at the AFWN. What should we be expecting from you by summer or before the year comes to an end?
VIKTOR



V: I will be dropping another collection soon and exclusively- I WILL BE LAUNCHING A JEAN COLLECTION REALLY SOON JUST WAIT FOR IT BECAUSE IT WOULD BE THE FIRST NIGERIAN MADE BRAND.

ASK: Is there a major store or website we can order or purchase VEENS outfits and what is your price range?

V: Our outfits range from N25,000 and above.
   The website is been worked on as we speak- www.veensclothing.com
It would be very interactive, as you can chat with me personally, place your order and it would be delivered within five 5 working days.
Yes we have a factory where production is done but we will launch our flagship store in Nigeria soonest.

ASK: Where are your based?

V: Lagos for now but that could change because right now we have more orders from outside Nigeria. I might bank on that and open one there. LOOL!!

ASK: Hopefully you could come to Turkey?

V: If you have a large market for me and you can oversee it YES, I will be there next week. LOOL!!

ASK: We would be awaiting your arrival. Thank you very much. Can we get an inspirational quote from you in African English (PIDGIN)?


VEENS: People ginger me small but the truth na say, no matter the ginger, if you no get talent or work ethics inside you, them the ginger you to fail. Abi naa!!
It is not always about the coach or the man in the fight, it is always about the fight in the man.

CONTACT
IG: @veensclothing1
CALL: +2348038650755
      +2349050544193

Happy Father’s Day!!!

#justsaying Every man should be celebrated and this should not be restricted to special days, every day should be.There is no me without you and there is no you without a father(relatively).

Today I celebrate Mr VEENs though he is not a father yet but he is an inspiration to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM FEED

@ofnforchildren