EXCLUSIVE WITH MOSHUGAH



Merhaba!!
Nasilsin?
Ben cok iyiyim.
The journey to greatness sometimes kicks off with a leap of faith and conviction of success, through thick or thin, rain or sunshine. However, the ultimate goal is happiness and fulfilment in whatever you do and MOSHUGAH epitomes it all.
Her story is that unusual tale of decisiveness and ambition that would eventually pave way for established grandeur and success. A true story that can only be fully comprehended by a one on one chat with her. Our exclusive with MOSHUGAH is just a tip of the iceberg but to get the fully gist you have to hear from the horses mouth.

 
CEO MOSHUGA (L)
Hi Mo, Thanks for doing this interview
ASK: Who does the Moshugah brand design for?
MO: MOSHUGAH is a womenswear brand. We design for the Ambitious woman who loves to have some fun and still exude elegance. 

The vision is to impact and create a mindset of relevance for women and be a part of every woman's journey through feminity. It's fulfilling to know that I am doing what I love, impacting people and making good earnings from it. If I wasn't doing fashion, I would be doing fashion! LOL

ASK: How important is fashion designing to you, economically and otherwise?
MO: Fashion for me is my Purpose. It's almost like air for me
ASK: How did it all start for the Moshugah brand?
MO: As Cliché as it may sound, I grew up making paper dresses (I cut myself with razor blades severally) I would sketch, play dress up as a child, and recreate some of the dresses my mom bought for me, maybe stitch a button or a rose, cut the dress shorter or alter the sleeves and she used to be mad at me and report me to my dad! Fast forward to my university days, I would have family and friends call for design options, outfit ideas, colour ideas even as far as fabric shopping. They just trusted me with those things and I enjoyed going all out to do them you know.
So, in 2015 I quit my 9-5 job and took the risk of setting up a fashion outfit. Today I'm glad I did.  



ASK: What inspires your creative process?
MO: God is my utmost inspiration. He Practically makes anything and everything inspire my creative process. Sometimes, I blink my eyes and in that one second I see an outfit in my head. Sometimes I dream new designs and I jump out of bed to sketch. People close to me already understand when I do that. Once I have it on paper, I proceed on to the best fabric option and the best approach to create the design. 


ASK: What’s set your brand apart from others?
MO: What sets MOSHUGAH apart from other brands is our unique eye for detail, creative designs, quality fabric, client satisfaction (we go all out) and most importantly, the Proper Fits of an outfit on the wearer. We believe that a dress should follow the shape of a woman and not the other way around. So basically, the Value of products we offer to our clients sets us apart from the crowd.


ASK: How will you describe African Fashion, what is it to you?
MO: African Fashion is the richest form of art the world can ever know. Although we are yet to explore our potentials as we ought to but I do see African fashion taking over the fashion world. 


ASK: Where will your brand be in 20 years from now?
MO: I have been expecting this question. In 20 years, MOSHUGAH is already a contented household name. MOSHUGAH would have become a global brand with outlets in major cities all around the world. We would have graced Forbes list of world’s most valuable Fashion brands by Gods special grace. 



ASK: Who is your famed designer?
MO: Who? Lol. I do have quite a lot but I will pick Michael Costello. I love his works. 

ASK: Favorite mobile app?
MO: Oh! that has to be Instagram. Yes.

ASK: Best snack on the go?
MO: Cream crackers (beloxxi) 

ASK: If I was to spend a day with you as designer, how would the day go?
MO: A day with me would be fun. I usually have my day planned out the night before but my typical day Is involves attending to clients, doing fittings, interpreting designs to my tailors, supervising the processes involved in the creation of our pieces, attending to clients in between, market runs!! I like to do fabric and appliqué shopping myself. It's so much fun. And yes we will get to squeeze lunch in somewhere Lol. You will also experience my different personality types (I switch) lol. I am fun trust me. 


ASK: What should we expect from the brand from here forward?
MO: We would be doing a lot more now. We are working on a new collection soon. We are already getting proposals for some styling projects, we will be stocking with some major retail stores in Nigeria. We will be more in the face of the people from now, I promise you won't get tired of us. We will be doing phenomenal stuffs. Stay tuned!!!!

Contact:
Telephone: 07068583604
Email:     shopmoshugah@gmail.com
           rolandsmolade@gmail.com
IG:        @moshugah

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM FEED

@ofnforchildren