A Coutesy Visit To Co-Creation Hub




This day was my work free day and I planned to make the best use of it by making a bunch of stops here and there but I ended up making a single stop… The weather in Eko has been quite funny. I mean, it is hot and sunny, making one sweat yet it is rainy. Funny but that is the beautiful reality of Lagos forecast, the weather is unpredictable.

I was in a dilemma of what outfit to wear and it took me reading 11 pages of Leadership newspaper before I decided on the outfit to wear. On opening my wardrobe a laminated A4 well design Veba card which i got at the AFWN fell out…
Long story short, na the colour pattern for the card inspire wettin I finally wear jare.


Personally, I am not a big fan of pink tops especially in Naija where males wearing pink is very unusual, at the moment all I could think of was matching the colours on the card with my wardrobe and that is what I did.



 I remember buying my free flowing, pink round neck t-shirt from one of the KOTON store in Hatay, Turkey. By the way I am a proud ambassador of Hatay/Antakya and Nigeria so don’t be surprised if I talk about these places a lot which I will.
I have added a few pounds because of not hitting the gym since I got back to Nigeria and I was punished by my trouser hook which came off while I was trying to fit in.
The sight of pending rain made me wear my favourite size 45 joggers.
Keeping it simple was important for me because the people I planned on visiting are simple and humble.




Getting to Yaba was easier than I envisaged but returning was OMG!!!
The gbege wey danfo drivers do ehn no get part two, to make matter worst our driver no come kpompi with awon oni le and them come delay us, E no finish for there o, we come enter hold up…Lagos people una know the rest na…




My only stop at Yaba was the Co-Creation Hub(CC HUB), CC HUB is Nigeria’s first open living lab and pre-incubation space designed to be a multi-functional, multi-purpose space where work to catalyze creative social tech ventures take place. The HUB is a place for technologists, social entrepreneurs, government, tech companies, impact investors and hackers in and around Lagos to co-create new solutions to the many social problems in Nigeria.





Co- Creation Hub which is founded by Bosun Tijani and Femi Longe, hosted Mark Zugerburg on his visit to Nigeria.




The Hub act as a cushy nest designed to accelerate the successful development of social tech ventures through an array of business support resources and services, developed and orchestrated by the hub management and offered both in the space and through our network of partners. In addition, the hub leads co-creation initiatives aimed at creating novel technologically driven solutions to the myriad social challenges facing the average Nigerian. The Hub also network stakeholders from diverse walks of life to create these solutions and also encourage social accountability through social creativity, activating knowledge networks, harnessing resources and imagination across society not just within public service professions and institutions.

Simple and humble with a great vision for Nigeria right?
Well, I had a good reception in CC Hub and my hourly chat with almost all AIESEC Nigeria national team members left me inspired. A pretty girl on the team invited me to lunch...
Sweet Potatoes and Dry Fish

Did I forget to mention that the Femi Longe of CC Hub is an AIESECers like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM FEED

@ofnforchildren