#OperationFeed25K



Happy Youth Skills Day to all my comrades out there, using their skills, talent and knowledge to empower their immediate and international society around them.

I once heard an old man say: “The youths of today are our future and if they keep on harnessing their skills, break bounds we elders couldn’t imagine, then what a glorious future lies ahead.”
Today I would be sharing the story of a new friend of mine, who instead of merriment and lavish funfair on her silver jubilee, embarked on a journey to feed 25,000 people.

Before I share her story, you guys should note her last name!!!!
And for those who follow me on IG does anyone know the meaning of my handle name or how to pronounce it appropriately- @ofnforchildren



@teniolaking
I was on my way home after a long day of filming and since I had catered for the shoot I had some leftover food.
As I got to the station I met a person that was begging for money. I had no money on me so I asked if he would like food instead and he was overjoyed by this.
Unfortunately as I served the food for him I realized the food had slightly gone off as it had been out for a while.
To my surprise he was still excited to have the food and kept on thanking me profusely for offering him the food.
It was at that moment my heart broke because I knew deep down that if I had gotten home I would have trashed the food.
As I result I decided that instead of having a big birthday party I would rather give to people that probably wouldn't have otherwise....

A glorious future indeed!!! if when have more youths like Teniola.
Little grains of sand make up a dessert,
Single drops of water make the might ocean.
Please, go out there and make a difference in whatever way you can. I challenge you today.

What are you still waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM FEED

@ofnforchildren