THE TRIP THAT CHANGED MY LIFE




Top of the day to you!
I hope your day was not as stressful as mine? I mean, I woke up as early as 4:30 am and I had to travel to another state, stood for over six hours and unfortunately it wasn’t worth the effort. As a result, I had to travel back and viola. 

So, I ask again!
Hope your day was not as stressful as mine?
If it wasn’t congratulations to you.
If it was, HAKUNAMATA!!!! I know how you feel but cheer up.

Despite the stress of the day, I visited the news room and I was glad to see both familiar and unfamiliar faces. I had a great time with them and I was tempted to even join the Foreign desk in planning tomorrow’s publication. I had a smooth and safe trip back home without falling ill or throwing up which is quite the ritual when I travel or stay in a moving car for more than 3 hours.


If you follow me on social media, or know me, then you would know that I like to travel and volunteer a lot by a lot just think of me committing free of charge self/parent expense my time and services to community service and charity works/facilitation in over five countries.

However, what you may not know is that: My Volunteering trip to Benin Republic shaped the AJALA(traveller) in me.
I had travelled before this trip but it was just about fun fair and merriment until AIESEC introduced me to a life of both worlds.
A world where I could travel and have fun,
make an impact to the society and that I did and I am still doing.

I worked with La Croix Rouge in Porto Novo for 8 weeks. During these weeks I related with more people at a time in classes, the street, market, clubs, returants, malls than I had done for most part of my life.






FYI: I use to be that boy who doesn’t talk so much or even relate with people, not to talk of- total strangers who spoke a different dialect/language(FRENCH).
But in less than 2 days I was conversing with everyone around me.



I enjoyed the thrills of mixed sex living. The romantic twists and turns, the jealousy and fights, the loyalty of love 




and most importantly the unity in diversity when it came to working hard to make the lives of the people in Benin Republic better.









I studied History but I worked in the medical field and I saw blood, as a matter of fact, I almost passed out when I was donating blood but I had my teammates by my side to comfort me. A side to people which it was quite rare to see.
When I went back to school my French grades could testify that I traveled to Benin Republic.

For those who were observant- my self-expression, relationship with people, freedom of dress expression (famously: the HAT and SHORTS) became wild and my new reality auraed positivity.



So, I feel sleepy now and the screen is getting blur but I would share more about this trip another time or chat me up.


Less I forget, I plan to feature an article with two or one of my CRUSHES (cassiedaves and sophi.stated) who also went to Benin Republic and that should come up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM FEED

@ofnforchildren